The distance from Bim Son to Hanoi is 120 km which takes 3 hours to travel by train. At moment there is a single SE class train a day from Bim Som to Hanoi, one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. SE class trains are the best quality passenger trains in Vietnam, and generally the fastest services stopping only at major towns and cities on route.
Train Times from Bim Son to Hanoi
- The fastest train service from Bim Son to Hanoi is Train #SE6 which departs from Bim Son at 16:21 and is scheduled to arrive in Hanoi 2 hours 51 minutes later at 19:12.
Buy Train Tickets to Hanoi
Use the Search Form to find your train tickets from Bim Son to Hanoi.
Museums in Hanoi
Compared to other South East Asian capital city such as Bangkok, Vientiane and Phnom Penh, Hanoi has a large number of museums. The explanation for this may be the Communist political system of Vietnam and the use of propaganda, but more likely the importance placed on remembering history is related to the strong sense of national identity resulting from prolonged period of struggle for an independent Vietnam against China, the Japan, France, and the USA.
Here is a summary of the top museums in Hanoi:
- Ho Chi Minh Museum: Museum dedicated to the life and times of Vietnam’s revolutionary leader. Signage in English, French, Chinese and Russian.
- Fine Arts Museum: Museum dedicated to Socialist art and some older items of Vietnamese art work.
- Museum of Ethnology: Museum dedicated to explaining the lifestyle and origins of some of the many different ethnic groups who live within Vietnam’s borders.
- Vietnamese Women’s Museum: Museum about the role of women in Vietnamese society and motherhood. Learn about the key role mythical women played in the story of Vietnam’s early history.
- Army Museum: Museum dedicated to Vietnam’s military history. This is an interesting place to go to understand the Vietnamese perspective on the wars with France and the USA during the Twentieth Century.