There are 2 direct trains a day from Da Nang to Hanoi. This is a long train journey which is scheduled to take between 18 hours and 19 hours, depending upon which train you take, to cover a distance of 791 km.
Train Times from Da Nang to Hanoi
- The fastest train service from Da Nang to Hanoi is Train #SE6 which departs from Da Nang at 10:45 and is scheduled to arrive in Hanoi 18 hours 36 minutes later at 05:21.
- The slowest of the train services from Da Nang to Hanoi is Train #SE8, departing at 01:09 and arriving in Hanoi at 19:52, a journey time of 18 hours 43 minutes.
Buy Train Tickets from Da Nang to Hanoi
Use the Search Form to find your train tickets from Da Nang to Hanoi.
Travel from Hanoi
Hanoi is a major hub for travel to destinations in the North of Vietnam. Ha Noi is an interesting city in its own right, and well worth spending time to explore, but is also the connection point between the main North-South railway line (the ‘Reunification Line’) and travel links to popular destinations such as Sa Pa, Ha Long Bay, Ninh Binh, Mai Chau and Chua Huong.
Here is a run down of the top 5 places to travel to from Ha Noi and how to get there:
- Sa Pa: Mountainous area famous for its hillside rice terraces. Possibly the most photographed part of Vietnam. To get there first travel from Hanoi travel by train to Lao Cai and then take a bus to Sa Pa.
- Ha Long Bay: More iconic scenery which featured in an episode of Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson and co-presenters using pedalos to cross Ha Long bay in order to reach on of the floating restaurants. Limestone cliffs rise from the sea creating a unique and awe inspiring landscape. To reach Ha Long Bay from Hanoi you need to take a bus or minivan to Ha Long City and then a local bus or taxi to a ferry pier, or somewhere to rent your own pedalo like Jeremy Clarkson.
- Ninh Binh: Another mountainous area famous for it temples and limestone cliffs bordering rice paddy fields. From Ha Noi its an easy journey which takes slightly under 2 hours by bus. There is no train connection.
- Mai Chau: Mountain town located 135 km from Ha Noi famous for its scenery and its inhabitants, largely from 7 ethnic groups of South East Asian hill tribes. This is a great place to chill out. You need to travel here by bus, either direct from Hanoi or via the town of Hoa Binh where you can change buses for the remainder of the journey to Mai Chau.
- Chua Huong: Chua Houng is the Perfume Pagoda, which sits a top the Perfume Mountain. This is not a single pagoda but a large complex of temples built into the limestone mountains and spread over a large area. To get there you need to travel by road from Hanoi to Ben Yen and from there travel onward by boat. It is difficult to complete this journey by public transport and most visitors, including Vietnamese tourists, travel to Chua Huong as part of a tour.
Location of Da Nang Railway Station
Location of Hanoi Railway Station
See more information about Hanoi Railway Station.