There currently four direct trains a day from Hanoi to Da Nang available to book online. This a long journey for which it is advisable to book a 1st Class A/C Sleeper.
Times from Hanoi to Da Nang
The fastest train from Hanoi to Da Nang is Train #SE1 departing from Da Nang at 22:15 and arriving in Hanoi 15 hours 07 minutes later at 13:22.
Buy Train Tickets to Da Nang
Use the Search Form below to buy your train tickets from Hanoi to Da Nang.
Vietnam Train Tickets Tip
If you are taking the Train #SE7 or #SE5 it a good idea book a hotel in Da Nang before you travel, as it will save you the trouble of trying to find a hotel late at night.
Location of Hanoi Train Station
Location of Da Nang Train Station
Travel to Hoi An
To reach Hoi An by train you first need to take the train to Da Nang. There is no train station at Hoi An and most visitors choose to take the train to Da Nang and travel by road from there.
From Da Nang train station it is only 31.2 km to Hoi An. There are three ways to get from Da Nang to Hoi An:
- By Taxi: Expect to pay upto 400,000 VND ($18)
- By Bus: A minivan transfer will cost up to 60,000 VND ($3)
- By Motorbike: On a motorbike taxi you will pay around 200,00 VND ($9) which is about half the price of a normal taxi and twice as exciting.
Da Nang Train Station to Hoi An
- Distance from Da Nang Train Station to Hoi An: 31.4 km
- Travel Time from Da Nang Train Station to Hoi An: 46 minutes