By train the journey from Hue to Hanoi is scheduled to take from 14 to 16 hours depending upon which train service you use.
Train Times from Hue to Hanoi
There are currently 5 trains a day from Hue to Hanoi.
- The fastest train service from Hue to Hanoi is Train #SE4, departing at 15:40 and scheduled to arrive in Hanoi at 05:55, a journey time of 14 hours 15 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Hue to Hanoi
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Hue to Hanoi.
Location of Hue Train Station
- See more information about Hue Railway Station.
Location of Hanoi Train Station
- See more information about Hanoi Railway Station.
About Travel to Hanoi
Hanoi is a large busy city slowly modernising as Vietnam has become increasingly more open to foreign influence and free trade.
Modern Day Hanoi
This is an interesting place to visit and a interesting time to visit. Culture and history mix seamlessly with a burgeoning of modernity in a city with the tireless energy of a young and energetic population. There are also lots of motorbikes and interesting smells, some less pleasant than others.
Things to Do in Hanoi
When you visit Hanoi here of some the things you may enjoy exploring, trying, seeing and tasting:
- Eat Local Food: Hanoi is a great place to try Vietnamese food and Hanoi has it own distinctive style of cooking. The most famous three dishes are pho (beef soup), bun cha (noodle soup with barbecued pork) and banh mi (baguette with pate and fried meat and vegetables).
- Explore The Old Quarter: A warren of small streets in an area of roughly one square kilometre which in the past was surrounded on all four sides by defensive wall. This part of Hanoi is very busy and features all kinds of shops and buildings, some dating back hundreds of years.
- Visit the Park: Hanoi residents spend a lot of time in their parks. Hoan Kiem Lake is the site of the most famous park in Hanoi, but others such as the park at Ho Tay (West Lake) are pleasant places to visit and watch the local fisherman.
- Visit Ancient Buildings: The Temple of Literature, which dates back to 1,070 AD, is the most famous historical site in Hanoi, although the small Bach Ma Temple is thought to be the oldest in the City.
- Go to The Museum: There are several worth visiting including the Ho Chi Minh Museum, the National Museum of Vietnamese History and the Museum of Ethnology.