The journey by train from Hue to Ho Chi Minh City is scheduled to take from 19 to 24 hours depending the train service you use.
Train Times from Hue to Ho Chi Minh City
There are currently 5 trains a day from Hue to Ho Chi Minh City.
|Train||Depart Hue||Arrive Ho Chi Minh|
|SE11||06:37||07:05 + 1 day|
- The fastest train service from Hue to Ho Chi Minh City is Train #SE1, which departs from Hue at 11:08 and is scheduled to arrive in Ho Chi Minh City 19 hours 24 minutes later at 06:32 the following morning.
- The slowest of the train services from Hue to Ho Chi Minh City is Train #SE11, departing at 06:37 and arriving in Ho Chi Minh City at 07:05 the next day, a journey time of 24 hours 28 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Hue to Ho Chi Minh City
Use the Search Box below to find your train tickets from Hue to Ho Chi Minh City online:
Booking online allows you guarantee your seat and gives you more time to enjoy your time in Vietnam rather than queuing for tickets at the train station and struggling with language barriers when you eventually reach the ticket counter.
Travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Cambodia
Ho Chi Minh City is the connection point for travel services from Vietnam to the neighbouring country of Cambodia. From Cambodia you can continue your journey overland to Thailand, then to Malaysia and beyond.
Direct bus and minivan connections to popular destinations in Cambodia depart from Ho Chi Minh city:
- Phnom Penh: Phnom Penh is the capital city of Cambodia and the connection point for direct bus services to Bangkok. There are no direct public transport options for the overland journey from Ho Chi Minh City to Bangkok so you need to first head toward Phnom Penh if your intention is to catch a direct bus from Cambodia to Bangkok. Minivan services are scheduled to take around 5 hours 30 minutes to travel between Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh and bus services are scheduled to take around 6 hours 30 minutes. Booked online using the Search Box above a ticket from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh will cost in the region of $12 to $17 USD depending on which service you take.
- Sihanoukville: Sihanoukville is Cambodia’s main beach resort town. Sihanoukville is expanding rapidly and is especially popular with Chinese tourists who make up the majority of the foreign visitors to Sihanoukville. Western visitors to Sihanoukville tend to come to the city for different reasons and stay in different parts of the city. Direct bus services from Ho Chi Minh City take around 11 to 12 hours to reach Sihanoukville and cost in the region of $30 to $35 USD.
- Siem Reap: Many travellers on the overland route around South East Asia opt to by pass Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville altogether and travel direct to Siem Reap from Ho Chi Minh City. Siem Reap is the town adjacent to the ancient temple complex of Angkor Wat, which is the number one tourist attraction in Cambodia and arguably the most important archaeological site in Southe East Asia. Direct bus services from Ho Chi Minh City take between 10 and hours to travel to Siem Reap and cost, per person, around $25 to $30 USD. From Siem Reap its very easy to travel onward to Bangkok. The cheapest way to get from Siem Reap to Bangkok is take a public bus or minivan service for the 3 hour journey to the border town of Poipet. Once you cross over the border from Poipet into Thailand you then need to travel 6.5 km by taxi or tuk tuk to Aranyapathet Bus Station. The journey by bus from Aranyaprathet to Bangkok takes 5 hours 30 minutes and costs 245 THB per person.
Location of Hue Train Station
Read more about Hue Railway Station.
Location of Ho Chi Minh Train Station
Read more about Saigon Railway Station in Ho Chi Minh City.