Lao Cai is the nearest train station to the popular destination of Sapa. To travel by train from Sapa to Hanoi, you first need travel 58.9 km by road from Sapa to Lao Cai train station to board your train to Hanoi.
Train Times from Lao Cai to Hanoi
- The fastest train service from Lao Cai to Hanoi is Train #SP4 which departs from Lao Cai at 21:40 and is scheduled to arrive 7 hours 50 minutes later in Hanoi at 05:30.
Buy Tickets from Lao Cai to Hanoi
Use the Search Box to book your train tickets from Lao Cai to Hanoi to online. Simply enter your travel dates and click to Find Tickets.
After purchasing your ticket, you will be sent an electronic voucher which you use to travel on the train.
About Travel to Hanoi
Hanoi is Vietnam’s second city with a population of over 7 million, and the cultural capital of the North of Vietnam.
Hanoi is a very old city, with the first settlements dating back to around 3,000 BC. As a consequence of this long history Hanoi has a wealth of great architecture and interesting sights for visitors. Amongst the top attractions for visitors in Hanoi are:
- Ho Chi Minh Museum: A museum dedicated to Vietnamese leader Ho Chi Minh who lead Vietnam’s struggle for independence first against the French colonialists and later against US forces in the Vietnam War.
- Ngoc Son Temple: A beautiful temple extending over a lake set within peaceful gardens.
- Temple of Literature: Temple founded in 1,070 AD which later become Vietnam’s first university.
- Hoan Kiem Lake: City centre park around a lake and very popular with the residents of Ha Noi as a place to spend their leisure time.
- Hoa Lo Prison: Popularly known as the ‘Hanoi Hilton’, Hoa Lo Prison is now a museum with displays telling telling the history of the prison from the time it was built by the French colonialists, and served as the place of execution for captured Vietnamese revolutionaries, to the time when it housed American prisoners of war during the Vietnam War.
Location of Lao Cai Train Station
Location of Hanoi Train Station
- See more information about Hanoi Railway Station.