Hanoi is approximately 1,300 km from Nha Trang and the journey by train is scheduled to take between 25 and 29 hours depending upon which train service you use.
Train Times from Nha Trang to Hanoi
There are currently 4 trains a day from Nha Trang to Hanoi.
|SE4||02:32||05:25 + 1 day|
|SE2||04:22||05:45 + 1 day|
|SE8||14:25||19:12 + 1 day|
|SE6||23:39||04:30 + 1 day|
- The fastest train service between Nha Trang and Hanoi is Train #SE2 departing at 04:22 and arriving in Hanoi 25 hours 23 minutes later at 05:45.
- The slowest train service between Nha Trang and Hanoi is Train #SE6 departing at 23:39 and scheduled to arrive in Hanoi 28 hours 51 minutes later at 04:30.
Buy Tickets from Nha Trang to Hanoi
Use the Search Box below to buy train tickets from Nha Trang to Hanoi.
Location of Nha Trang Train Station
Read more about Nha Trang Railway Station.
Location of Hanoi Train Station
Read more about Hanoi Railway Station.
About Travel from Hanoi to Ha Long Bay
Ha Long Bay is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Vietnam. The reason why Ha Long bay is so popular is the 1,969 limestone island islands. These islands vary in size and shape. Some of the islands are small, with sheer faces and uninhabitable. Some islands, such as Qan Lan and Bo Han, have sizeable human settlements and places where foreign visitors can stay overnight. Other islands, such as Cat Ba, have exotic flora and fauna and many feature caves and grottoes which you can visit. Cruise and tours around these islands are numerous and this beautiful area is also big business for tour companies. At its worst visitors can find that the commercialisation of Ha Long bay detracts from its natural beauty.
There are three ways to get from Hanoi to Ha Long bay:
- Organised Tour: This is the most expensive but also the quickest and most hassle free way to reach Ha Long bay from Ha Noi. You will normally get picked up from your hotel and taken direct to a pier to board a boat to cruise around the bay stopping at some of the islands and returned back to your hotel in Ha Noi. There are better and worse tour services so choose wisely.
- Public Bus: There are numerous bus and minivan services from Hanoi to Ha Long and from there you can take local transport to the bay. Tickets cost around $12 – $14 per person and the journey takes around 4 hours.
- Train and local bus: The nearest train station to Ha Long bay is in Hai Phong, which is still 80 km from Ha Long bay. There is no direct train service to Ha Long and if you want to travel by train then you need to complete the final part of the journey by bus or taxi. The train journey from Hanoi to Hai Phong takes 2 hours 25 minutes and tickets cost $5.54.