Hanoi is approximately 1,300 km from Nha Trang and the journey by train takes between 24 hours 35 minutes and 27 hours 06 minutes depending upon which train you take. There are 4 direct services on SE Class trains from Nha Trang to Hanoi.
Train Times to Hanoi
- The fastest train service between Nha Trang and Hanoi is Train #SE2 departing at 04:55 and arriving in Hanoi 24 hours 35 minutes later at 05:30.
|SE4||03:02||04:48 (+1 Day)|
|SE2||04:55||05:30 (+1 Day)|
|SE8||13:28||15:54 (+1 Day)|
|SE6||16:06||19:12 (+1 Day)|
- The slowest train service between Nha Trang and Hanoi is Train #SE6 departing at 16:06 and scheduled to arrive in Hanoi 27 hours 06 minutes later at 19:12.
Buy Train Tickets to Hanoi
Use the Search Box below to buy train tickets from Nha Trang to Hanoi.
Location of Nha Trang Station
Location of Hanoi Station
Hanoi to Ha Long Bay
Ha Long is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Vietnam. The reason why Ha Long bay is so popular is the 1,969 limestone island islands. These islands vary in size and shape. Some of the islands are small, with sheer faces and uninhabitable. Other islands, such as Qan Lan and Bo Han, have sizeable human settlements and places where foreign visitors can stay overnight. Other islands, such as Cat Ba, have exotic flora and fauna and many feature caves and grottoes which you can visit. Cruise and tours around these islands are numerous and this beautiful area is also big business for tour companies. At its worst visitors can find that the commercialisation of Ha Long bay detracts from its natural beauty.
There are three ways to get from Hanoi to Ha Long bay:
- Organised Tour: This is the most expensive but also the quickest and most hassle free way to reach Ha Long bay from Ha Noi. You will normally get picked up from your hotel and taken direct to a pier to board a boat to cruise around the bay stopping at some of the islands and returned back to your hotel in Ha Noi. There are better and worse tour services so choose wisely.
- Public Bus: There are numerous bus and minivan services from Ha Noi to Ha Long and from there you can take local transport to the bay. Tickets cost around $12 – $14 per person and the journey takes around 4 hours.
- Train and local bus: The nearest train station to Ha Long bay is in Hai Phong, which is still 80 km from Ha Long bay. There is no direct train service to Ha Long and if you want to travel by train then you need to complete the final part of the journey by bus or taxi. The train journey from Hanoi to Hai Phong takes 2 hours 25 minutes and tickets cost $5.54.