Nha Trang is a lively seaside town 7 to 9 hours away from Ho Chi Minh City by train, depending upon which train service you use.
Train Times from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang
There are currently 11 direct train services a day from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang.
|Train||Ho Chi Minh||Nha Trang|
- The fastest train from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang is Train #SE2 departing from Ho Chi Minh City at 20:55 and scheduled to arrive 7 hours 20 minutes later at 04:15 the next day.
- The slowest train from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang is Train #SNT6 which is scheduled to complete the journey in 9 hours 15 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang.
Nha Trang is a popular destination in the summer months, particularly February through to April when there is the least rainfall, and if you want to travel in one of the 1st Class or VIP Sleeper compartments then we recommend that you book well in advance. If you plan to travel in the rainy season, from middle of September to middle of December, then you are less likely to need to book a ticket in advance as few holiday makers visit Nha Trang at this time of year.
Location of Ho Chi Minh City Train Station
See more information about Saigon Railway Station in Ho Chi Minh City.
Location of Nha Trang Railway Station
See more information about Nha Trang Railway Station.
About Travel to Nha Trang
Nha Trang is Vietnam’s most popular beach resort town which can become very busy in the summer months with Vietnamese people coming to the city in large numbers on vacation.
Beaches in Nha Trang
The city beach itself is not that great in comparison to other lesser areas in South East Asia, however, there are other beaches and diving spots nearby that are definitely worth visiting.
Visitor Attractions in Nha Trang
Nha Trang town was little more than a collection of smaller fishing villages until French colonial rule and its status as a popular resort has grown since then. Aside from the beaches there are a number of attractions for foreign tourists, most popular of which are:
- National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam: An aquarium open to the public featuring an interesting range of sea life including from sharks to sea horses and pretty much everything in between.
- Po Nagar Cham Towers: A Buddhist religious site featuring 4 brick towers constructed around 1,000 years ago.
- Thanh Dien Khanh Fortress: European style fortress built in 1793.
- Ba Ho waterfalls: A series of waterfalls located around 20 km North of Nha Trang City.
- Live Music: In the evenings a number of bars in the City have live music by foreign performers. The most popular, but not necessarily the best, venues are the Guava Bar and the Red Apple Club.
- Monkey Island: As the name suggests, this is an island with lots of monkeys, which is a ferry ride away from Nha Trang City.