By train it takes around 2 hours 10 minutes to travel 95 km from Hanoi to Ninh Binh. We advise booking a 2nd class A/C seat for this journey because none of the train services travel overnight on this route.
Train Times from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
- The fastest train service from Hanoi to Ninh Binh is Train #SE1 which departs from Hanoi at 22:15 and is scheduled to arrive in Ninh Binh 2 hours 09 minutes later at 00:24.
Buy Tickets from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Hanoi to Ninh Binh.
Location of Hanoi Train Station
- See more information about Hanoi Railway Station.
Location of Ninh Binh Train Station
About Travel to Ninh Binh
Ninh Binh is the capital city of Ninh Binh Province and whilst not a tourist destination in its own right it gets a fairly large number of visitors passing through the town on route to Ninh Binh Province’s most famous attractions. Ninh Binh Province has jagged hills rising from completely flat land, as well as caves and spectacular hill top temples. One area is particular, Tam Coc, is sometimes described as being ‘Ha Long Bay on land’ on account of the similarity in size and shape between the cluster of islands in Ha Long Bay and the hills rising from the rice fields at Tam Coc.
Ninh Binh Province has three places in particular which attract the greatest number of tourists:
- Tam Coc: Is a region with steep sided karst hills and a river running through upon which you take a boat ride past the hills and through some caves. Tam Coc also has a 15th Century cliff top temple with outstanding views across the area.
- Trang An: Is an area similar to Tam Coc, but with fewer visitors and more caves to pass through on a boat.
- Hang Mua Peak: Is one of the large hills in the area around Tam Coc. Its 450 steps up to the top of the hill from which you get 360 degree views of the surrounding countryside.