By train it takes 4 to 5 hours to travel 220 km from Phan Thiet in Binh Thuan Province to Ho Chi Minh City (also known as Saigon). There are also frequent bus services on this route which take about the same time to complete the journey which you may need to use if the train is fully booked.
Train Times from Phan Thiet to Ho Chi Minh City
There are currently 1 direct train service a day from Phan Thiet to Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC).
Buy Tickets from Phan Thiet to Ho Chi Minh City
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Phan Thiet to Ho Chi Minh City.
Location of Phan Thiet Train Station
Location of Ho Chi Minh City Train Station
Read more about Saigon Railway Station in Ho Chi Minh City.
Places to Visit in Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City is a large and busy place with lots of interesting things to see and do. Ho Chi Minh City has its own unique character which is distinct from Hanoi, which is Vietnam’s governmental capital. Many of the most famous attractions in Ho Chi Minh City are grouped close together and within moderately easy walking distance of Pham Ngu Lao, which is the main area where foreign visitors to the city tend to stay.
If you have only a single day to visit Ho Chi Minh City then these are the places we recommend that you go to:
- Tao Dan Park: Tao Dan Park is the largest park in Ho Chi Minh City and it plays an important part in the life of the city’s residents.
- Reunification Palace: The Reunification Palace is very near Tao Dan Park and the place where the Vietnam War ended.
- Ben Thanh Market: Ben Thanh Market is located within an historic building and a colourful place with local products and food.
- Saigon Opera House: Grand 19th Century building constructed by the French Colonialists.
- Saigon City Hall: You can’t go inside Saigon City Hall but it’s still worth visiting because the building is beautiful and because it is located on the north end of the city’s main pedestrianised area.
- Saigon Notre-Dame Cathedral: Saigon Notre-Dame Cathedral is the largest Catholic Church in South East Asia and similar in design to the famous Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris.
- Saigon Central Post Office: Located next to Saigon Notre-Dame Cathedral, Saigon Central Post Office is another grand 19th Century French colonial building but one which you can go inside.